Terms & Conditions
The following paragraphs contain the general terms and conditions under which Stuff2Move Student Storage (S2M) is engaged in the movement, transportation, shipping and/or storage of personal items including, but not limited to, boxes, suitcases and packages within the United Kingdom and Internationally and jointly through interchange with its affiliates. Stuff2Move Student Storage reserves the right to amend any portion of these terms and conditions of service at any time. The most current terms and conditions of service may be found at the Stuff2Move Student Storage web site and are available upon written request from Stuff2Move Student Storage.
1. STORAGE SERVICES. Storage Services shall include the collection, transportation, storage, and delivery of the Customer’s possessions. The Customer shall present pre-packed personal goods to Stuff2Move at the time of collection. Stuff2Move shall transport these goods to an appropriate storage facility. Stuff2Move will return the goods to the Customer at a date agreed by Stuff2Move and the Customer.
2. SHIPPING SERVICES. Shipping Services shall include the collection, transportation and delivery of the Customer’s possessions. The Customer shall present pre-packed personal goods to Stuff2Move at the time of collection. Stuff2Move shall transport and deliver these goods to a shipping address agreed by Stuff2Move and the Customer. PRICING. Pricing for the services shall be those agreed to in advance between the Customer and Stuff2Move. Current prices can be found using the Instant Quote form the Pricing page and the Student shipping page on the Stuff2Move website.
3. VENDORS/AGENTS. Stuff2Move reserves the right to use vendors and other agents in performing the services for the Customer. The Customer acknowledges the use of these parties and the fact that the Customer has no contractual relationship with these parties.
4. HOW TO PACK GUIDE. The Customer acknowledges reading and accepting the terms of the Stuff2Move Packing Guide as found on the Stuff2Move website and agrees that the safe packing of items is the sole responsibility of the Customer. The Customer accepts full responsibility and liability for any and all damages or losses that result from the Customer’s failure to adhere to the terms of the Stuff2Move Packing Guide, including damages and losses incurred by other customers as a result of The Customer’s failure to adhere to these terms.
5. FREE BOXES AND PACKING MATERIALS. Upon receiving a booking from the Customer, Stuff2Move shall send the requested number of free boxes and packing tape to The Customer’s pick-up address. The Customer can hand back any unused boxes on their required pick-up date.
Any damaged or missing boxes are subject to a charge of £3.50 for each box that was provided by Stuff2Move.
6. PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF ADDRESSES. The Customer shall provide pick-up and drop- off addresses for delivery and collection of packing materials and The Customer’s belongings. The addresses used must be normal public street addresses with a building number/name and flat number, where applicable. There must be a readily identifiable buzzer with The Customer’s name on it at the address. Students living in gated communities, halls of residence, or other managed accommodation must provide their room number and inform the reception/lodge that they are expecting deliveries, pick-ups and drop-offs. The cost of missed collections/deliveries resulting from non-adherence to the above conditions will be met by The Customer.
7. COLLECTIONS. Stuff2Move will arrange for collection of the Customer’s possessions on the date and at the address agreed upon by the Customer and Stuff2Move during booking. Collection shall take place as close to the requested time during booking on this date. The customer must ensure that either the Customer or the Customer’s representative is available at the address to present the items to our courier during these hours. Repeated failed collections due to the Customer or the Customer’s representative not being present to hand over the Customer’s possessions will result in additional charges. Stuff2Move reserves the right to cancel collections. Failed collections, The Customer will be subject to a failed collection charge of £20.
8. DELIVERY AFTER STORAGE. Stuff2Move will arrange for delivery of the Customer’s possessions on the date and to the address agreed upon by the Customer and Stuff2Move during booking. Delivery shall take place on the requested date, as close to the requested time as possible. Stuff2Move use these times only as a guide, times are not set appointments. The Customer must ensure that either the Customer or the Customer’s representative is available at the address to receive the items from our courier during the selected date for delivery. Failed deliveries due to the Customer or the Customer’s representative not being present to receive the Customer’s possessions at the delivery address will result in additional charges.
9. UK SHIPPING DELIVERIES. Stuff2Move will arrange for collection of the Customers items and delivery of the Customer’s possessions to the delivery address agreed upon by the Customer and Stuff2Move during booking, we are unable to make changes to bookings once the order is processed.
The Customer is responsible for labelling their items clearly with their name and contact details and also to attach any labels provided by Stuff2Move.
Delivery shall normally take place 1 working day, and at most 2 working days, after collection between 8am and 6pm.
The Customer must ensure that either the Customer or somebody trusted by the Customer is available at the address to hand over & receive the items from our courier during these hours. Failed collections & deliveries due to the Customer or the Customer’s representative not being present to hand over or receive the Customer’s possessions at the collection/delivery address will result in additional charges. Stuff2Move will not rebook collections until the Customer pays the charges.
Delays in deliveries are not the fault of Stuff2Move. Stuff2Move is not liable for any costs incurred due to any delays.
10. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING DELIVERIES. Stuff2Move will arrange for delivery of the Customer’s possessions at the delivery address agreed upon by the Customer and Stuff2Move during booking. Delivery shall take place 2-7 working days after collection between 9am and 5pm, local time. The Customer must ensure that either the Customer or somebody trusted by the Customer is available at the address to receive the items from our courier during these hours. Failed deliveries due to the Customer or the Customer’s representative not being present to receive the Customer’s possessions at the collection address may incur additional charges.
11. OVERWEIGHT ITEMS. The weight limit for individual boxes is 15kg. 20kg for suitcases.
Individual boxes found to exceed this limit may result in the Customer’s belongings not being collected by the courier.
Individual overweight items that are collected by the courier, but found to be overweight at a later stage will result in the Customer being charged additional fees as set out below:
A re-packing fee of £20 plus a pro-rata storage fee based on the total number of extra boxes stored after re-packing to bring the overweight boxes/suitcases down to the prescribed limit.
12. OVERWEIGHT AND DAMAGED ITEMS. In cases where overweight items arrive at Stuff2Move both damaged and overweight, the terms outlined above, except the re-packing fee is increased to £50 per box, due to the increased difficulties associated with re-packing damaged goods, especially glassware, and insurance for the item is rendered null and void.
13. INCORRECTLY PACKED ITEMS. Items that are found to be incorrectly or inappropriately packed (as described in Stuff2Move’s how to pack guide and on the Stuff2Move website) shall be deemed invalid for insurance purposes and the insurance for such items will be deemed null and void. Items that need to be repacked are subject to a re-packing fee of £20.
14. BOXES. Stuff2Move accepts Customer’s possessions packed into boxes supplied by Stuff2Move. Customers that store their own boxes for storage must do so in suitable boxes for storage.
15. CHANGES TO NUMBER OF BOXES. The Customer can reduce or increase the number of items for storage/shipment up to the day of collection. All orders are subject to a minimum cost of £30 per Customer. Unused boxes supplied by Stuff2Move must be returned to Stuff2Move or the Customer will be charged £3.50 per box.
16. CHANGES TO PICK-UP DETAILS. Requested changes to the pick-up address or pick-up date must be made at least 2 full working days before the pick-up date by The Customer by logging into their account on the Stuff2Move website and requesting a change. Changes are not guaranteed and subject to availability. There are no charges for these changes.
17. CHANGES TO DELIVERY DETAILS. Changes to the delivery address or drop-off date must be made at least 2 full working days before the delivery date by The Customer, by logging into their account on the Stuff2Move website and requesting a change. Changes are not guaranteed and subject to availability. There are no refunds for the reduction in the storage term. The Customer will be charged an admin fee of £20 for any delivery date changes.
18. CANCELLATIONS. There are no cash refunds for Deposits. Cancellations made by The Customer will be treated in the following ways;
Prior to receiving the free boxes, The Customers deposit will be used as a credit against any further orders with Stuff2Move.
If The Customer has received their free boxes the deposit is not transferred into a credit, The Customer must ensure all boxes and packaging material is made available for collection by Stuff2Move
19. ITEMS. If Stuff2Move is unable to return the Customer’s possessions for a period of 3 months after the end of a storage booking due to the Customer being un-contactable, then Stuff2Move reserves the right to dispose of the Customer’s belongings as it sees fit.
20. LIABILITY FOR LOSS/DAMAGE. The Customer recognises that Stuff2Move will not be held liable for damage to their belongings after return delivery or shipping has occurred. The Customer recognises that only loss or damage caused by the negligence of Stuff2Move or its affiliates will be covered by Stuff2Move. Only physical damage to the exterior of a package/box/suitcase will activate any claim on the item. In addition, damages that result from non-adherence to the How To Pack Guide are not the responsibility of Stuff2Move. Stuff2Move automatically protects each Stuff2Move package against loss or damage up to a value of £50. The customer agrees that the declared value of each package is no greater than £50 and that Stuff2Move’s liability is limited to £50.00 per package/box/suitcase. Liability Description: Stuff2Move’s liability for storage and shipping packages is for damage or loss of the Customer’s packages. The liability does not cover:
− Jewelry, coins, and collectibles.
− Damage to electronic equipment if there is no evidence of physical damage or breakage to the packaging container.
− Items of intangible value
− Extremely fragile items (e.g. mirrors/glass).
− Improperly packed items.
− Concealed damage.
− Minor damage to suitcases due to normal handling (including, but not limited to scratches, nicks, & cuts).
− Damages due to natural disasters.
Damaged items must have evidence of physical damage to the exterior packaging, casing or surface of the item. Stuff2Move cannot be held liable for concealed damage to items within a carton, trunk, or other casing without physical damage to the exterior of the package. The Customer acknowledges that they are liable for any damage their storage contents may cause to the property of others when those items are prohibited in the How To Pack Guide. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Agreement, Stuff2Move’s maximum liability for any damage, loss, cost, or expense incurred as a result of any storage or shipping by Stuff2Move is limited by the terms included in this Agreement. All insurance coverage is expressly limited to the period in which the Customer’s possessions are in the actual care and custody of Stuff2Move and/or its affiliates. Insurance cover ends when the Customer’s packages are returned to them.
In the case of damage to packages, any damaged packages must be inspected in the presence of an Stuff2Move representative at the time of delivery (or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable) to confirm the damage. All damaged boxes must be opened at the time of delivery (or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable), at which time Stuff2Move representative will document the damage. For loss of packages, the Customer must notify Stuff2Move representative of the loss at the time of delivery (or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable). Claims for loss of, or damage to, the Customer’s property must be filed with Stuff2Move by requesting a claims form from Stuff2Move. Claims shall be deemed waived if not filed within 3 days following return delivery of the damaged package or, in the case of lost items, within 5 days following the scheduled delivery of the missing item. Upon receipt of a completed Claim Form and any required documentation, Stuff2Move will process the claim and issue a formal reply to the Customer within 30 working days of receipt of the Claim Form and documentation. Stuff2Move will pay the lesser of the following claim amounts:
a. The cost of reasonably restoring the property to its condition immediately before storage/shipping (applies only in the case of damaged items).
b. The actual replacement value of the property.
c. The amount of Stuff2Move cover for the package, which is £100.
21. Right to withhold or dispose of Goods. If the Customer does not pay any of the charges as set out in this agreement, Stuff2Move has the right to withhold and ultimately dispose of some or all of the Goods. You will be responsible for all the storage charges and other associated costs reasonably incurred by Stuff2Move while withholding or disposing of the Goods. If the Customer fails to notify or contact Stuff2Move within 90 days of the delivery date, Stuff2Move will dispose of any Goods in storage.
22. WAIVER. Except as specifically provided in this Agreement, the Customer waives any claims for damage or loss of any article against Stuff2Move and its employees. The Customer expressly releases and holds Stuff2Move, and its agents and employees harmless from any and all costs of processing any claim or defending any claim arising from this Agreement.
22. APPLICABLE LAW. The Customer acknowledges that there are no representations, warranties, or Agreements by or between the parties which are not fully set forth herein and no representative of Stuff2Move or Stuff2Move’s agents is authorized to make any representations, warranties, or Agreements other than as expressly set forth herein. Only a written letter signed by the parties may amend this Agreement.
23. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement shall be governed, interpreted, and construed according to the law of England and Wales. The Customer agrees that any court action pertaining to this agreement shall be conducted in courts in England.
How To Pack
Here are some simple tips for packing, it is your responsibility to protect your items:
- Wrap each item individually using bubble wrap.
- Spread the weight of heavy items e.g. Books & folders amongst all the boxes provided
- Never overfill a carton. As a guide, one person should be able to comfortably lift a packed carton unaided.
- Put heavy things at the bottom of any carton to ensure you avoid crushing other items.
- Pad out space within a carton with crushed white paper to ensure there is no movement within the carton during transit
- Label each carton carefully so you know its contents.
- Tape each carton closed when it is full.
- Never bend at the waist to pick up a carton – bend at the knees and keep your back straight.
- Tape the bottom of a carton before packing it, first fold two opposite flaps then the remaining two flaps over.
- Use one length of tape along the central seam. Use two further lengths of tape over the edge of seams. Tape the top in the same way.
- Make sure cartons are packed the right way up.
- Always pack the carton to the very top and to both sides, any voids can cause the carton to crush or items to be damaged.
- To close a carton, always fold in two opposite sides followed by the remaining two, never criss-cross.
- Take care when reopening cartons if cutting the tape with a knife. You would not want to damage the contents.
Items we cannot store:
We regret that for safety reasons, we are unable to store any of the following items:
- Gas cylinders. Deeply refrigerated flammable, non-flammable, and poisonous gases such as butane, oxygen, propane, and aqualung cylinders. Includes butane gas (eg for use with heated hair appliances) camping gas, and chef’s blow torches.
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter or heater fuels, paint, and matches.
- Poisons such as insecticides, weed killers, arsenic, and cyanide.
- Radioactive material, oxidizing materials, and organic peroxides such as bleaches and fiberglass repair kits.
- Firearms and explosives. Handguns, automatic weapons, munitions, ammunitions including blank cartridges, pistol caps, fireworks, flares, smoke canisters, and crackers.
- Infectious substances such as bacteria and viruses.
- Corrosives such as mercury, acids, alkalis, and wet-cell batteries.
- Animals, alive or dead.
- Any form of a liquid, or containers with liquid(s) inside, unless they are completely wrapped and sealed in non-porous plastic, and have been checked by a member of Stuff2Move staff. This includes printer cartridges. It is the customers’ responsibility to inform Stuff2Move of this prior to collection.